Douglas McRorie Memorial Scholarship
In 1990, the CFFAE created the Douglas McRorie Memorial Scholarship in honour of past-president and agri-finance leader, Douglas McRorie, PAg, FAIC. Mr. McRorie served as the Vice-President of Agriculture for the Royal Bank and was a well-respected agricultural leader in Canada.
Scholarships are awarded to agricultural post-graduates majoring in agricultural business, economics, finance or trade. This scholarship is made available through the support of the RBC Foundation.
The deadline for applications for the 2018 Douglas McRorie Memorial Scholarships has passed. The recipients of the two scholarships will be announced in the near future.
The Douglas McRorie Memorial Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Agricultural post-graduate student
- Emphasis in research related to agricultural business/commerce/economics/trade
- Academic record
- Leadership and community service
- Work experience and career interests
- Letters of recommendation.
Scholarships were not awarded in 2011.