CFFAE Fundraising Initiatives
The CFFAE Board of Directors has identified the creation of new scholarships that support the development of careers in agriculture and related sciences as a priority goal for programming initiatives. We have solicited input from the Deans of the agricultural colleges in Canada. Their feedback was reviewed by the Board and resulted in the identification of five focus areas for new scholarships, guided by the principle that the scholarships will support students enrolled in Canadian Universities and Colleges in programs that advance or benefit the agricultural and food science community in Canada.
1. Experiential learning for undergraduates (support for studies in a different geographic location)
2. International study for graduate students (support for studies abroad)
3. Entrance scholarships (support for first year agricultural studies)
4. Sustainable agriculture, environment, and aquaculture
5. Indigenous students (encourage enrolment in agricultural studies by indigenous students)