The Board of Directors is working to increase the Foundation’s profile and to generate even more opportunities to advance knowledge and appreciation of sustainable agriculture.
To that end, nine eminent leaders in the agricultural industry and professions from across Canada have been recruited to serve as Honorary Patrons to the CFFAE and assist in our fundraising campaign:
- Dr. Mary Buhr, Dean, College of Agriculture and Bioresources, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Bob Church, accomplished educator, medical scientist, cattleman, and entrepreneur; recipient of the Order of Canada and the Alberta Order of Excellence
- Dr. Garth Coffin, former Principal, Nova Scotia Agricultural College
- Mr. Arthur Froehlich, President,Agriview
- Dr. Robert Gordon, Vice-President, Research, Wilfred Laurier University
- Mr. Kim McConnell, founder and former CEO, Adfarm
- Dr. Ed Tyrchniewicz, Senior Scholar, Department of Agribusiness, University of Manitoba
- Hon. Lyle Vanclief, Canada’s Minister of Agriculture from 1997 to 2003
CFFAE Patron Dr. Clare Rennie passed away on June 23, 2016. Dr. Rennie's contributions to agriculture in Canada and internationally cannot be measured. During his career he taught at the Ontario Agricultural College and later became Assistant Deputy Minister in the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food. He also led a Semex Alliance/CIDA project in China for 12 years, focusing on improvement of dairy herd management and milk production in that country. Dr. Rennie was a mentor to countless individuals throughout his lifetime and was inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame in 1991. Dr. Rennie's obituary can be read here.